Saturday 16 February 2019

Circular No 902







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 16 February 2019 No. 902
---------------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
An exchange on Fr. Michael de Verteuil, an Oldboy, and Don´s visit.
----------------------------------
Nigel Boos <nigelboos@gmail.com>
Jan 24 at 8:50 AM
Actually, yes, Don.
I think he’d be thrilled to realize the connection.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan 24, 2019, at 7:11 AM,
Don Mitchell <idmitch@anguillanet.com> wrote:
Hi, Kaz,
No, I didn’t have any photos. 
I got the photos in question from Ladislao’s Circulars over time. 
When I left Anguilla for that trip to Port of Spain (I think it was a nephew’s wedding), I had no idea that I would be meeting MJ on that trip. 
It was a spontaneous thing to go next door and say hello. 
He had no advance warning :-)
Instead of us talking about him behind his back so to say, do you think we could copy him in?
Best,
Don
 --------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 6:59 AM
Subject: Re: Mike de Verteuil's email address
Hi Don,
Did you have those 2 photos to show Fr. Mike to remind him of who you are, when you met him at the Living Water Community?
Maybe, it may have joggled his memory.
Lots happen in life to us after school.
Just my thoughts.
Anyhow, that was then.
All the best my dear friend.
Kaz
---------------------------------------------------------
George Mickiewicz  <amickiew@att.net>
Jan 23 at 12:30 PM
As I recall you were in the same class, one year behind my class of 1962
-----------------------------------------------------------
Don Mitchell  <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Jan 23 at 12:07 PM
I met Fr Mike only once since leaving Mount in 1964. 
It was between 15 and 20 years ago in the 1990s. 
The Living Waters headquarters was and is immediately adjacent to the home of my brother Gordon and his wife Joan in Cascade. 
Gordon took me next door to say hello to Fr Mike. 
Gordon told me that Fr Mike was then the official priest to the Living Waters Community, which I gather is some sort of evangelical Roman Catholic offshoot. 
Fr Mike was in the residence, but he appeared not to remember who I was and was not very welcoming. 
I felt disappointed, but realised that a lot of time had passed since we last met. 
So, I soon took my leave and departed. 
I never met him again.
Best,
Don
 -----------------------------------------------------------------
From:  GEORGE MICKIEWICZ
Sent:  Wednesday, January 23, 2019 11:12 AM
Thanks, Nigel
……..still the one and only one who became a priest of all the thousand boys who attended the Mount…..
You and a handful of others entered the seminary but ………. 
I never considered it myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
From:  Nigel Boos
Sent:  Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:59 AM
Yes, Shish.
I believe he’s connected somehow to the Living Water Community in P0S.
I also understand that he’s now been elevated to the rank of a Monsignor.
Nigel
-------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan 23, 2019, at 9:51 AM,
GEORGE MICKIEWICZ <amickiew@att.net> wrote:
Thanks for the update.
Is Father Mike still in Trinidad?
-------------------------------------------------------------
From:  Nigel Boos
Sent:  Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:39 AM
Thanks so much, Chris.
We’re simply trying to update our personnel records of ex-Abbey School students, and Fr. Mike’s address is one that we needed to complete the job.
I appreciate your kind help.
Love to you and Jean.
Nigel
--------------------------------------------------------------
On Jan 22, 2019, at 3:55 PM,
Chris de Montagnac <chrisdemontagnac25@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Nigel,
Fr. Mike's E mail address is: mjbdv48@gmail.com
Regards,
Chris
----------------------------------------------------------
Nigel Boos  <nigelboos@gmail.com>
Jan 21 at 2:48 PM
OK, guys.
I got ‘em.
Thank you, and do keep me in the picture, as you’re doing.
Nigel
------------------------------------------------------------.
Don Mitchell <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Jan 20 at 11:13 AM
Thank you, George,
I would welcome your sending any new email addresses as soon as you can.
Best,
Don
 ------------------------------------------------------------.
From:  GEORGE MICKIEWICZ
Sent:  Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:34 AM
Do you want me to do same if I come across new email addresses as far your Circular email database?
OK…makes sense
---------------------------------------------------------------.
From:  Don Mitchell
Sent:  Sunday, January 20, 2019 7:36 AM
Thanks for the updates, George.
I have one other suggestion. 
I don’t mind replacing the database every day. 
But, I think you will find most persons will find it irritating to get too many updates in the same month. 
If you could circulate the latest updated version, say, once every six months, that would be sufficient for most of us. 
I think I am correct in recalling Nigel used to do it about once a year.
Best,
Don
 ---------------------------------------------------------------.
From:  Kazim Abasali
Sent:  Sunday, January 20, 2019 8:44 AM
George,
After the updates you make to the MSB Database, add a new version like (1b or 1c) and attach the Database to us so we have the latest updated one.
I will do the same, and say what I updated if I make any changes.
Thank you for your wonderful support.
Kaz
---------------------------------------------------------------
On Sunday, January 20, 2019,
GEORGE MICKIEWICZ <amickiew@att.net> wrote:
Have also updated the corresponding information in Kazim’s AS MSB Excel file plus updated Fontaine’s move from Venezuela to Portugal last year
---------------------------------------------------------------
From:  Don Mitchell
Sent:  Sunday, January 20, 2019 6:18 AM
Thanks, George,
Let’s copy them to Ladislao, Kaz and Nigel.
Best,
Don
-------------------------------------------------------------
GEORGE MICKIEWICZ  <amickiew@att.net>
Jan 20 at 8:51 AM
Sure, Kaz…..
Will something like this work?
MSBOBs database 20 January, 2019 REV 1
-------------------------------------------------------------
GEORGE MICKIEWICZ  <amickiew@att.net>
Jan 19 at 9:51 AM
Hi Kazim
Have found out recently that the email addresses for the following old boys in the current database are no longer active:
Enrique Castells,
Urbano de Fedak,
Peter Laughlin non-business email,
Father Mike de Verteuil, Peter de Morvay. 
Perhaps Ladislao may have their current addresses.
Skål,
George
----------------------------------------------------------
Don Mitchell  <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Jan 19 at 1:35 PM
Thank you, Kaz, for the update, and thank you, George, for the help you will be giving Kaz.
All positive supports in preserving the memory of our old school and our schoolmates are welcome from any of us.
Best,
Don
------------------------------------------
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz, kertesz11@yahoo.com, Support the Circular it is 52.oo usd per year to cover the preparation of 52 issues. Remember that it is being prepared in Venezuela where I am having difficulties with the material for its preparation.
------------------------------------------
Photos:
65UN0001FILMOTO, Fr, Ildefonse and his moto.
15LK4491FBJKA, Jean Kalideen
57CV0010CVI, The five Amigos
07LK6273FBCOMMUNITYMSB, yearly photo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are enabled

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.