Saturday 21 December 2019

Circular No 946







Newsletter for alumni of The Abbey School, Mt. St. Benedict, Trinidad and Tobago, W.I.
Caracas, 21 December 2019 No. 946
-------------------------------------------------
Dear Friends,
It is time to wish you all, Merry Xmas, hoping the your 24th will be wonderful and in family.
Not all are well but try the best to spread the love that is in you.  
From the EDITOR
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Health Situation
Nigel Boos
Tue, 3 Dec, 11:39
I hope you are all doing well.
This is just to let you know how things are going health-wise with me.
My final meeting with Dr. Paul Karanicolas was held yesterday at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto.
I have developed a pre-cancerous dysplasia in the area of my pancreas and stomach (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysplasia) with a strong likelihood of its further development into cancer.
About 5 years ago, I had been hospitalized with pancreatitis which has required serious monitoring.
Some cells in the distal end of the pancreas have invaded my stomach wall. 
This could lead to cancer, and to prevent that possibility, it has now been agreed that surgery is the best and safest option. 
Jackie and our two girls are in agreement with me.
The operation is to take place on Tuesday, December 10th at Sunnybrook.
May I ask for your prayerful support during this difficult time?
Please let me take this opportunity to wish you peace and joy and every blessing from Almighty God during this lovely Christmas season.
With love,
Nigel
(Hope all went well Nigel, I shall pray for your speedy recovery, Ladislao)
----------------------------------------------------------------.
Don Mitchell CBE QC <idmitch@anguillanet.com>
Friday, February 8, 2008 2:00:38 PM
Hello Glen,
How about sending us a photo of you on that rig? 
I would love to see what it looks like!
I still don't think there is any problem with public information like telephone numbers and email addresses. 
Anyone knows differently?
Don
Tel: 264 497 2139.
For a discussion on good-governance issues in Anguilla, visit http://corruptionfreeanguilla.blogspot.com/.
------------------------------------------------
From: <gevelyn1@bellsouth.net>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: MSB identities
Don,
I am in the South China on a rig as big as Anguilla bored like Azzi.
I know an old Mt boy that is a computer wizz.
You will have to call him by phone.
Please don't think I'm being mean as I have knowledge of his number and plan to invite him to my parents’ home when I go back in May for a family reunion.
You see I wanted him to take the pictures.
However, he might up the price now that the shit has hit the fan.
Going to have my mother hold his hand and pray just in case.
Plan to charge him for that.
Saludos
Glen
------------------------------------------------------------------
"gevelyn1@bellsouth.net"
Friday, February 8, 2008 2:33:41 PM
Home away from Home.
White hat back right. 
Best friends with the cook.
Wake me up early but don't call me late for lunch.
Still trying to catch a flying fish.
I walk around with a Trinidad Express news paper just to look important.
Pretend to write down whatever the boss says.
Sometimes I ask him "Can you repeat that"
The only thing I make-up here is my bed.
The rest make up the drill-pipe
-------------------------------------------------------------------------.
RE: Trini Lime‏
From: Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent: Tue 5/13/08 9:11 AM
Hello Winston, 
Yes, Glen Evelyn is coming TT. 
He should be there now, he arrived on Sunday. 
Best regards, Glen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 19:08:09 -0700
From: infosanpedro@yahoo.com
Greetings Glen
Confirm if its Glen Evelyn coming to TT,
Please contact us in TT when you are here, I am sure we can toss up a quick lime and Glen carry back some water for the other guys.
Listed are the nos to call when in TT.
Look forward to meeting you.
Joe Berment 678-8731
Michael D Ornellas 354-9588
Winston Ramsahai 742-2758
Keith Allen 785-2098
Jimmy Samaroo  685-1185
---------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 03:02:28 +0000
Hello Glen, Good to hear from you. 
Glad to hear you are taking a break, down the islands, say no more, have a wonderful time, you and the wife.
get some pics, you have every ones emails, should you want to meet other, but I think you are on down time, private vacation.
I played the new guitar, the rose wood a few times, I love the feel, as I always had rose-wood neck before, but the maple has a rock feel.
Oh yeah, I bought the amp, the Roland VGA-3, with foot controls, all I need is one more cord.  
I didn’t explore it yet, but will be playing your guitars thru them, so we will see. 
Take care, all the best
Glen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: gevelyn1@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 00:45:29 +0000
Going to Trinidad Sunday for a week.
Family rented a house Down-the-islands. 
Also plan to pack a picnic basket, drive up the hill, visit the church and throw some Holy Water on my wife. (they get bossy in their old age)
Will take some pics and hopefully I will run into someone from our past.  
Let me know how the S-scale rose-wood neck feels compared to the maple?
Saludos
Glen
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
FW: 2009 -The International Lime begins.‏
From:  Glen Mckoy (mckoy43glen@hotmail.com)
Sent:    Thu 11/27/08 1:07 PM
IN 2009 - THE INTERNATIONAL LIME BEGINS.
Hello Jerry,  
My wife went to England, to visit her mother and brothers for 3 weeks during the reunion time, it made it difficult for me to attend, also I love to travel with my wife, now we can come to the states soon, how about Jan. around the 1st - 9th, any time in Jan, or Feb.
If you want we can take the 3 days cruise as Neil suggest, if it’s good for others.
In 2009, the International Lime begins, but you are in San Diego, I can do that also, I must make contact soon, I am very glad to put my 2 cents in.
So many brothers to see.
This is a personal mount trip for me.
As it saddens me, to hear of corrosion of the hills, which can be repaired, we don't need millions, we can use trees, wire mesh cages packed with crushed gravel, steel and concrete in some places, and drainage, must be the best or it will all come tumbling down. 
We have engineers all over this club, if not I have friends here, engineers, some of the best they build all over the world. 
So if we in run in to any bullshit, along the way. 
Where there is a will, there is a way, and God is our side. 
These concerns must be addressed in the most logical way. 
Sorry, but this is real business, a tax free account for supplies, could be shipped in, we will call on our best minds. 
I will put money where my mouth is, my priority is still, the Abbey school buildings, and the immediate hills that surround them. 
In Haiti they cut all the trees for fire wood, now everything is mud. Poor management can destroy anything.  
We must be able to have a return of any investments that are made, a must stop for tourist. A nature tour of the Holy sites, come clear your mind from all worries. 
Can we be silent investors in the biggest Yogurt business in Trinidad, I can send the best Blue Berries in the world from right here in Nova Scotia,to the Mount, if we don't pay import tax etc. most of the profits could go for the reconstruction of the castle and its surroundings. 
Now all this is possible, but who the hell will upkeep our investments??,
We need a source to the man himself, The Abbot, we need some input, directly or indirectly, without the Abbot's blessings, and our Scout Leader/ The Trusted Mount guidance, it's only a pipe dream. 
If we cannot see success, in our plans, we will not proceed, we do not believe in failure.
Ladislao, Nigel we all walk with the light, so we walk with the Abbot, we need to hear his voice, why are we not talking if we are all going in the same direction??
Welcome to the Sacred Emerald Forrest, of Mt. St. Benedict. 
Visit the Legends of the Tales and Stories of the Knights of "White Stones," is it true? well pay, and find out. Ha! Ha!  this is no joke.
We can create a mystery, that will dazzle the young minds, with a place to eat and relax, on a Sunday evening. 
Never forget, only a few wise monks, made all that you see, that stands on that mountain, did man become dumb as time went on?? 
That we cannot see the meaning of our History.
That we can help to retain what is already there, are we to selfish to help, because there are no personal gains and profits, no, we know that this is bigger than us, and whatever we do, is to help our aged Fathers/Monks, who have done so much, for so long, for absolutely nothing, but for food and shelter, and will only be rewarded when, the chosen one comes, and open that door to heaven.
No one said this was going to be easy, for we want your blood, sweat and tears, the small price you pay, as you entered The Club of Our Lives. 
May God Bless and protect these Knights, as they take on, only missions that are impossible, where no others attempt to go, they walk with the Light,  they see, they smell, they taste only the Glory of Success, whatever they decide to do as One. 
For we talk, but if only 1% of all we say, is accomplished, I know the Angels will dance in the heavens, on that day.   
As Knights, we only seek to keep alive the castle, we now call home, a place only in our minds.
Thanking all for their time. 
Glen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------.
From: krishnatoolsie@hotmail.com
Hey Glen: 
Many asked about you and Hudson at the Reunion; perhaps you can make one of the upcoming events. 
I liked some of your earlier ideas about the Mount's future and I have a few of my own.
Perhaps we can share those sometime soon,
regards,
Jerry
---------------------------------------------------------------.
From: mckoy43glen@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Abbey Reunion 2008
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:03:22 +0000
Jerry,
Thank you very much for all the kind words, and this wonderful letter you have sent to so many, I have read it, and will write to you on certain observations I made, through your eyes, more of your letter,
later my friend,
Glen.
------------------------------------------------------------------.
EDITED by Ladislao Kertesz,  kertesz11@yahoo.com,  if you would like to be in the circular’s mailing list or any old boy that you would like to include.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos:
15LK2073FBAHAGRP, Allan Harris, Fr. Abbot and Fr. Cuthbert
16LK7466FBCDGWFE, Christopher de Gannes and wife
19LK0114GRP, Group that received the Relief money in Caracas
57RB0002c2. Christopher de Marothy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are enabled

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.